Saturday, July 2, 2016

Highlights

What is my most memorable experience from my time abroad? There are so many I don't know which one to choose, but I really loved meeting the US Ambassador and exploring the embassy.

My best day? I thought a lot about this and I guess it would be our day in Vienna. It was so much fun to just look at a map and be able to decide for ourselves where we want to go and what we want to see rather than have a parent tell us where we were going. On top of that, the surprise of finding a whole amusement park and going on that amazing ride was a great way for Wendy and I to get to know each other better because we both love rollercoasters!

My worst day? There were good and bad things about everyday so it is hard to say that any one day was bad, but I guess I'd say the very first day. For no good reason except that I didn't get to spend the whole day there, and it was a very long flight with not much sleep.

Do I feel as though I grew as an individual? Definitely. I thought for sure I'd be homesick but I haven't missed my home at all, sorry parents. Being away from my family for so long was a great way for me to learn how to be more independent. I'm not saying that if Wendy left me in Prague I could find my way to anywhere, but I learned so much about public transportation and how to navigate. I got to see how people in a different country live, and now my perspective has shifted and I can see how some things, like laughter, are universal forms of communication. This has been such an amazing trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment