Sunday, June 12, 2016

Onward and Upward


So, I'm leaving home in 35 hours. The plane leaves in 38 hours. I'm not really sure how I feel about this right now. Traveling to a different country, living with strangers- I don't feel ready. I just hope that I can enjoy my time in the Czech Republic without worrying about the language barrier, the weather, basically anything that makes Prague different from Phoenix. I just started packing today and I've realized that I have no idea what to expect. Of course you can go online, look up the weather forecast, and try to plan accordingly, but there is no way to know exactly what I'll need. My packing strategy is to stuff everything I use day-to-day in a suitcase, sit on it, and try to zip it up. Usually it works aside from the weight limit.

One of the great things about traveling to the Czech Republic is that it's smaller than South Carolina. Everything is close to it. So, we're going all over the Czech Republic, and to Germany and Austria. But still, I'm most looking forward to meeting Wendy (my counterpart) and seeing how beautiful Prague is.

No comments:

Post a Comment